Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Demo Vs. Real Trading

Terrific piece done by Brad Gareiss of FX360 on the difference between real vs. demo trading (pdf).

I get a lot of emails from the readers of the blog wondering why I'm so calm about taking losses. Because I am so matter of fact about my losses, half of the comments are asking me if I'm on quaaludes or something!

But, you see, that's the point, isn't it? If you use stop losses, and know ahead of time what your exit points will be, YOU CAN BE CALM.
You've accepted the risk BEFORE you make the trade. So when you are trading real money...there is no reason to worry because losses are normal. Remember...it's cumulative pips that are the goal here, not individual trades. You are trying to win the war, not always the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment