Monday, April 20, 2009

Gold update

I found it interesting that we touched 61.8% retracement levels from this most recent dip in Gold (that caused me to buy more puts,) and then bounced off.

The chart below shows a candlestick that could mean this retracement is over. Not the most bearish candlestick I've ever seen...but we could be coming back down. (Clicking on the chart gives you a clearer view):

That's why I bought the puts. It makes perfect sense. Say they expire worthless in June...so what? I'm out $2k...compared to all the other profits this account is making, it's worth this kind of protection.

But we have to hold Gold. I am terrified of our legislative branches! There's no way of knowing what they are capable of doing to our economy. So it's worth holding and don't forget this account made $11,000 the last times we bought puts on Gold.


No comments:

Post a Comment