Sunday, April 19, 2009

What is the alternative?!

David Gregory had Larry Summers on Meet the Press today. Hiring Summers was a good move by Obama. Whenever he speaks he gives me confidence, which I don't understand...because I'm the ultimate cynic. I really do believe that we are in good hands with people like him and Bernanke at the helm.

The problem is the mess that this country is in...the mess that politicians from both sides helped us get into, and ironically, it's some of those same people, who have no clue about economics, that threaten to keep us in this mess.

It is huge...and somehow we are going to have to pay for all this stimulus being pumped in to the economy. How we do it is going to affect how my position in Gold will ultimately perform, and how I trade the currency pairs.

Where the money is going to come from to pay for these actions will be interesting to see. Dr. Summers continues to maintain that anybody making $250,000 or less, will not have tax increases...The other thing we have to remember is that the TARP and TALF are not bailouts...they are loans, which should be paid back.

I have no clue (and I suspect, nor have they,) if that money, combined with other ways they have lined up to take these purchases off the Fed's balance sheet, will be enough to lower the budget deficit, but nobody has come up with any alternatives...they just complain about the president.


I do believe what the administration is saying about taxes...so let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment