Monday, May 4, 2009

Keep watching the volume

According to my charts, the Dollar has broken significant support here. Usually, that means that the equity markets will continue upwards, but I'll tell you this; I have been trading for 25 years...and you don't want the markets to continue upwards, without a break. It is unhealthy.

Speaking of unhealthy...today's volume was not befitting a market up 214 points. This morning, I wrote what Art Cashen said about lack of volume in this move (before the market opened.)

So I have a serious contradiction here. Technically, the Dollar is going lower which means the markets should continue up (unless that relationship takes a pause.) BUT, we also have a low volume rise in a bear market. It's like a rubber band being stretched. We could go higher...but I would be taking half profits on your positions.


I am not trading until I can figure out a trend. Big numbers are coming out here, and in Europe all week. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment