Tuesday, May 19, 2009

the VIX

One of the reasons why I made no trades today was because I was in NY City and Queens on business. Had I been in front of my computer, I would have seen that the VIX closed at 28.80. That's not good for the Dollar...and great for equities, as I described before.

Oddly enough, Forex had big moves today, but they were early, and before the U.S. stock markets opened (and obviously, before the VIX closed down 1.44 and below 30.)
Looks like 20 on the VIX could be next support (unless we quickly move back above 30 again.) That bodes well for equities.





The biggest intraday move was the EUR/USD...waiting on Nikkei open...

Since the EUR/USD has been the biggest mover up...I may wait for a retracement before deciding whether to go long on it. I'll need to confirm with other indicators too.

No comments:

Post a Comment