Friday, July 24, 2009

If you are buying equities for the long term...

Kathy Lien, a person I admire, read, and quote all the time, just came out with this great report (pdf) on China and investing in what the Chinese govt. will be buying.

Now, I don't like holding equities...I am an Fx trader. Chances are we are still going to get a significant correction before we go much higher. I can't think of anything worse then buying good, financially solid companies in a bear market (for the long term), or even in a recession, because the markets are not based on fundamentals right now, and nobody will care about the strength of their balance sheets. (Yes, I am aware that the markets lead the economy.)

...But if you move your stops up on any equities that you buy, you can lock in any profits during this government-sponsored run up in equities.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment