Friday, March 13, 2009

MT4 platforms are different, so be careful.

A little embarrassing...but I have been using this MT4 platform for all my trading...and this evening I cost myself a few thousand dollars.

Last night, I ended up going long 6 Lots of the Sterling/USD and
did well with it. The only problem was, I set a sell stop order at my pre-determined "get out" price, but the MT4 treated it as an order to short the 3 Lots, while maintaining the longs! Ouch. Other trading platforms don't do this, so I will have to figure out why the MT4 is different, because it is a great program otherwise.

So instead of my equity being at $154, 000, it is still at $148, 600. As you can see by the statement, I still ended up ahead.

---------------------------------------

Ozzie/Yen trade below did not do well. My take is that the equity markets positive performance lately has made investors of the Ozzie, as it is notoriously a risk-appetite currency. The Doji doesn't always work...this was one of those times.


No comments:

Post a Comment