Friday, June 19, 2009

The trading plan SAVED THE DAY!

I was getting a little worried...I saw the weakness in the S+P and felt that it looked weak, that it would only retrace 38% and then go back down the other way...

BUT we had the final 4H bar in the GBP/USD acting very strongly...looking like it would close above 1.64935...thus becoming a
Trader Outlook trade...and now we had a built in contrary trade to what I thought would happen in the last paragraph.

That trade would have meant a weak Dollar, which equity markets like. I may have felt compelled to make that trade because Trader Outlook is so good at these intermediate trades.

BUT... here's what happened. The closing bar's of the S+P (daily) and GBP/USD (4H) both fizzled out.

Clicking on the charts give you clearer views):



AND



Notice the long upper wicks on both final bars. On the GBP/USD, we closed below Trader Outlook's signal entry point, and on the S+P, we saw too many offers at prices above 38% retracement level. To the novice, getting in early to the trade may have been tempting....I mean it was looking awful good (at one point it was at 1.6534.) We had a target point of 1.6615 and someone may not want to have missed it and jumped right in...

"I'm gonna be rich."

But, you see, the trading plan worked. I didn't enter because I didn't veer from the plan (no trade until the 4H bar is officially closed.) Now, obviously, if the market has another 200 point up day on Monday, this will be all for naught!


(Don't see that happening...)

No comments:

Post a Comment