Thursday, March 26, 2009

Acting on your ideas is more important then having them

One of the challenging parts of trading is keeping up with all the good ideas that you develop (in the low volume hours,) and then prioritizing them. This is something that I have been getting better and better at...but not there yet.

The other day I discovered a classical negative divergence on the Ozzie/USD
that just looked really bearish...and I just didn't act on it.

As traders, we all know not to beat ourselves up when we miss opportunities, but if I'm going to preach for days that the Dollar is done falling (which I did,) and then find something that showed the strength in the Ozzie (against the Greenback) was suspect...it would have been nice if I had acted on it, rather then shorting it against the Sterling...which just issued a
DOWN arrow today!

As of this entry, the Oz is down significantly to the Greeny from when I issued the last post.

No comments:

Post a Comment