Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More on tomorrow's numbers

I keep thinking that the numbers are going to be better then everybody thinks, based solely on the occasional surprise earnings numbers we have been seeing lately. The last two ISM announcements have beaten expectations. But then I saw this from my MarketNews wire:

...(referring to the U.S.) Declines underway in the present situation index point squarely at deep job contraction, according to Lynn Franco, head of the Conference Board's consumer confidence survey. The present situation index fell 8 tenths to 21.5 in March, its eighth straight decline and on its way, according to Franco, to the teens and levels last seen in the early 80s.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brad,
    I been reading your posts every day....
    Re: Euro/US$ Play tomorrow, how would you trade this after the numbers are released. I am short Euro from 133.30, thinking of shorting more, objective 130.00ish....

    Thanks
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin,

    I think the Dollar is going higher...question is timing...stay tuned for the next Euro/US post.

    ReplyDelete