Saturday, June 13, 2009

For a relative or a good friend

Here is a post I wrote at the beginning of April about making a trade and then forgetting about it for a while. I am more of an intermediate or short term trader...but if I was still a broker, this is the kind of trade that I would have recommended just as much as an equity trade.

The pair I suggested going long in was the CAD/YEN. On April 3, the pair was at 81.48. Today it's at 88 (clicking on the chart gives you a clearer view):

Well, I got another one. It's tough for me to not watch my trades, so it's not my cup of tea (there's always going to be whipsawing.)

It's also tough to not close a position that's very profitable...but if your wife, friend, relative wants to sock a little away for 4 months, not watch their account every day, go find an ETF that reflects the Reuters CRB index (Commodity Research Bureau). Here is a video that is similar to the one on Crude Oil a couple of posts ago...and rightly so, because oil is part of the index...and this is just as likely to be profitable as the trade above was.

Thanks to traders like Adam in the above video, my accounts are doing extremely well.

No comments:

Post a Comment