Monday, May 11, 2009

So what!

I was just thinking about these two shorts that I covered for a loss in the Euro/Dollar. Yes...the trend has changed significantly, and I had to adapt. But was it too much of a loss? Could I have avoided it?

Then I did a little reading and I came to the realization that it didn't matter. Did it matter that I took these losses? NO! There are good trades and bad trades. What mattered was that my account balance told me how I was doing. And I have been much more right then wrong.

However, I have tweaked my trading plan a little, and I am pretty sure we are going to see this account increase at a faster rate...we'll see what happens.

As for the trend I discussed changing...we will see how fast it happens. Remember the bullish engulfing candlesticks we discussed a few days ago. They are extremely bullish...but they are on the monthly chart, and the trend break may take a little while to develop. Take a look at this post I made many moons ago, where I discuss the double trendlines that (had) existed. (Reason 2 is the one that is most pertinent for this discussion.)

After reading this, I think you might agree that this recent pop we had in the Euro/Us was extremely significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment