Monday, May 11, 2009

State of the Account

First, the (temporarily) bad. I am short a couple of lots the Euro/USD and have thus put myself in two intermediate trades that were supposed to be short term! My next post will discuss strategy.

We are well into May and here are the quick account updates.

Remember, we are holding Gold as portfolio protection...and we are holding June Gold puts as protection to the Gold!

My main Forex account, which contains my inflation-protecting gold,
is up close to 64 1/2% since the beginning of January.

My intermediate Forex account,
which is up 16% since January (Zip file.)

My options and equity account, which are titled in my children's names, so I can only recreate the trades. Here are the account particulars:

--My
Sprint trade (which I closed at around 13%)
--My
Zion Bank trade. (26%)
--The
Puts I bought (and sold) to protect my gold, the first time around. ($11,000 profit)

No comments:

Post a Comment