Monday, April 6, 2009

Account update...Over 70% since January

Here is an update of my main Forex account. On it's own, this $100,000 account is up 65 1/2% since Jan 8. My other ($50,000) account is up 18% (Excel).

For those who have been following the account for a while, you know that on March 31
I bought 5 puts @18.50 (May 900's) on my gold holdings. Then, once it broke $894/oz., I did 10 more puts @26.90.

So here are the option prices' prices with the day's change in green. The additional 10 I bought were also up. So,while I hold my gold as an inflation hedge, I am protecting myself, and keeping the equity in the account at the same time.


The problem is, unless I get LEAPS or something like that, I will have to cash these out before expiration. Also...WE ARE RIGHT ABOVE THE 200 SMA. That could be a good spot to take profits on some puts.



No comments:

Post a Comment