Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Gold up...but who cares!

I read this in the Cabot Newsletter...and it is so true:

(Talking about equities)...So while other investors may be patting themselves on the back with their gains over the last few weeks, I am more interested in the bigger picture that is unfolding. And the more pieces that fall into place, the better gold is looking.

I just saw a cartoon that shows Bernanke, Geithner and our president operating a printing press somewhere. We can make fun of this crazy spending, but the prevaling opinion is that it is necessary. However, gold will be the alternate currency for many when all is said and done.

So, yes, the yellow metal does pose a drawdown risk in my account, but it's very hard to trade. That being said, not having it as an inflation hedge, is silly...so I won't trade it anymore. I'll just hold it.

No comments:

Post a Comment